Miss Daisy’s Nursery Schools Limited (“Miss Daisy”) (also “we” “us” and “our”) is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
This policy explains the basis on which any personal data we collect from you and your child, or that you or your child provide to us, will be used, the control you have over your and their personal data and the procedures we have in place to protect it. It applies to any personal data which is collected and/or provided by you or on your behalf about your or your child.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding personal data and how we treat it.
By accepting a place at one of our schools, you are accepting the practices described in this policy. We take responsibility for the personal data we collect about you and your child, and we aim to be transparent about how we handle it, and to give you control over it.
Information We Collect From You
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: This is the information that you give us by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register your child and also the information which you include in your Child’s Personal Record. The information you give us will include your and your child’s name, their date of birth, your address, email address and phone number, as well as details of any dietary requirements, health issues, religious beliefs or other information that you or we consider relevant or necessary as part of your child’s education at Miss Daisy’s. We will also (where you provide such information) maintain a photo book (including contact details) of individuals named by you as having permission to collect your child from our premises and to receive certain personal data on your behalf where we deem this to be appropriate. You should inform these individuals the contents of this privacy notice.
- Information we collect about you and your child: We maintain records regarding your child’s education and we also take pictures of your child [for monitoring purposes] and for inclusion in certain of our advertising materials (i.e. newsletters to parents) and school displays as described in more detail below.
Special Categories of Personal Data
Certain of the information you provide or we collect about your and/or your child may include sensitive/special categories of personal data such as information relating to health, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs. We will only process this information to the extent necessary to fulfil our obligations to you/your child. By signing the consent form provided to you when completing the application for a place at Miss Daisy’s a place at one of our schools, you consent to us processing such information.
We use information in the ways set out below
The legal basis for our use of your and your child’s personal data will be that this information is required for one or more of the legitimate interests described in this policy, except where we require your or your child’s consent to use your or your child’s personal data for a specific purpose, as identified below.
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from our contract with you;
- To protect the rights and safety of your child and ensure that we are able to provide a safe and supportive environment for their education;
- To enable us to contact you in an emergency and to protect your child’s safety in an emergency;
- To comply with any legal and regulatory obligations we have;
- To notify you of upcoming events taking place at Miss Daisy’s or which we consider relevant to you or your child;
- For inclusion in our contact list which is circulated to other parents in order to facilitate play dates and other meet ups outside of nursery hours;
- To deal with any queries, complaints or problems you may report; and
- To notify you about changes to our services.
We do not carry out any automated processing using your or your child’s personal data.
We will not include your child in our marketing materials unless you have consented to this by signing the consent form provided to you when completing your application for a place at Miss Daisy’s. You may withdraw your consent in writing at any time. We will then not include your child in any promotional materials produced after your withdrawal of consent.
We will not include your or your child’s contact details in our contact list to be circulated to other parents unless you have consented to this [in writing]. You may withdraw your consent in writing at any time. We will then not include your or your child’s contract details in any further contact lists that we distribute.
Information we receive from third parties
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you where we regard this as necessary in order to provide services to your or your child or where it is in your or your child’s best interest. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). (E.g. where we receive medical information from third parties relating to your child we may combine this with information provided by you as part of our records).
If you have requested information or a service from us, we will not be able to provide it without certain information, such as your contact details.
Disclosure of your information
You acknowledge that we have the right to share your and your child’s personal data with the following recipients to the extent permitted by applicable data protection law:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- Selected third parties, including:
- The police, social services and any other authorities where we regard it as necessary to do so in the best interests of you or your child;
- Doctors or other medical professionals where required in order to assist with emergency situations relating to your child;
- Any third party service providers such as accountants or IT professionals and any supply teachers or specialist teachers (such as music or drama teachers) that are contracted to teach at Miss Daisy’s;
- Any schools to which we are asked to provide references for your child; and
- Any regulatory bodies including OFSTED.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we are required to give a reference to a school as part of that school’s admittance process;
- With your consent (as specified above) we may include images that include your child’s personal data in our marketing literature and newsletters we; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights or safety of your child, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
International Data Transfers
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal data against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Personal data will only be transferred to a data processor if that processor agrees to comply with our procedures and policies, or if they put in place adequate measures himself. We will maintain data security by protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the personal data, defined as follows:
(a) Confidentiality means that only people who are authorised to use the data can access it.
(b) Integrity means that personal data should be accurate and suitable for the purpose for which it is processed.
(c) Availability means that authorised users should be able to access the data if they need it for authorised purposes.
We will be the data controller of your personal data. We have appointed Kitty Keir as the person with day to day responsibility for data protection matters. You can contact Kitty on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the following rights, which can be exercised by contacting us at email@example.com.
- To withdraw your consent to us processing you or your child’s personal data for marketing purposes (as described above);
- To access personal information held about you or your child and to obtain a copy of it;
- To prevent any processing of personal data where that processing is no longer necessary, is unlawful, or where we do not have legitimate grounds for processing;
- To obtain without undue delay the rectification or completion of personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete;
- To restrict or object to the processing of you or your child’s personal data and to request its erasure under certain circumstances;
- If we ever undertake such processing to be informed about any use of your personal data to make automated decisions about you or you child, and to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of this processing; and
- To lodge a complaint about the way in which your or your child’s personal data is being used to a supervisory authority.
Where we rely on your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about any aspect of this policy or how Miss Daisy’s Nursery handles your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.